Breathing For Better Athletic Performance
Jun 121:00 PM—4:00 PM$39
Everybody breathes. It’s a fundamental activity that we do all day every day. But even though it’s basic, it’s an untapped resource for most people. When expanded, your breath can reduce your stress, increase your energy and improve your athletic performance. The power of the breath can shift an ordinary workout to an extraordinary workout for your clients and students
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Learn the history of breathing from different cultural and societal aspects.
- Recognize breathing issues and why they are so common.
- Study research and data on breathing from a scientific perspective.
- Distinguish the difference between the parasympathetic and sympathetic nervous systems and how to balance them for optimal health and wellness.
- Discover ways to enhance energy, gain present moment awareness, focus and learn.
- Learn the optimal breath at rest, while cycling, running, swimming, practicing yoga, Pilates, martial arts and resistance training.
- Explain the health benefits of deep breathing.
- Explain how to incorporate breathing exercises and breath awareness in fitness classes and training sessions.