Fitness Yoga Specialty Certification
Jul 24 - Jul 258:00 AM—6:00 PM$349
The intensive-two day Fitness Yoga Certification provides hands-on experience in teaching multi-level flow-based yoga classes in the fitness center environment. Students will learn multiple regressions and progressions of 15 yoga poses, learn anatomy of the muscular and skeletal systems as it relates to asana demonstration, and learn the basic techniques behind sequencing classes for safety and balance. In addition, students will discover ways to better relate to their audience, communicate with their audience, and create their very own vinyasa based flow practice.
*Fitness Yoga can be taken as a stand-alone specialty certification and/or can be taken as part of the 200 Hour Yoga Program approved by Yoga Alliance.
- In-depth break –down of 15 yoga poses with multiple adaptations
- Basic anatomy and physiology of the skeletal and muscular systems
- Sequencing and transitions
- Cuing and transformational language
- Styles of learning inventory
- Vinyasa Yoga history and influence
- Participation in two practice classes
- Practice teaching
Participants must have access to a device capable of connecting to a Zoom conference meeting, to include webcam capabilities. Adequate space to participate in a master class and pose clinic is necessary (roughly the size of a standard yoga mat).
*Virtual workshops are held in Central Time Zone.