Yoga Foundations Specialty Certification
Jul 16 - Jul 178:00 AM—6:00 PM$399.00
Our intensive, two-day Yoga Foundations workshop provides hands-on experience in teaching beginner yoga formats through a breakdown of 20 poses focused on alignment, safety, variations and breathing techniques. In addition to the basics of class formatting, you’ll discuss yoga history through exploration of the 8 limbs, learn the anatomy and physiology of the nervous and respiratory systems, as well as discover ways to encourage and motivate your participants through verbal refinements and inclusive cuing. This certification will provide two sample beginning yoga classes as well as time for practice under the supervision of an experienced yoga teacher.
*Yoga Foundations can be taken as a stand-alone specialty certification and/or can be taken as part of the 200 Hour Yoga Program approved by Yoga Alliance.
- In-depth break –down of 20 basic yoga poses
- Basic Pranayama (breathing)
- The 8 limbs of yoga
- Basic principles of teaching asana-Tell, show, do
- Sample class formats for beginning yoga classes
- Pose categories and beginning sequencing
- Motivational and inspirational cuing
- Participation in two practice classes
- Practice teaching