- This workshop has passed.
Yoga Strong Specialty Certification
Dec 07 - Dec 088:00 AM—6:00 PM$399
Yoga Strong blends power flow yoga with exercise techniques to specifically increase strength and endurance. It offers the discipline of a yoga practice and intensity options similar to a challenging fitness class. Participants in NETA’s Yoga Strong Yoga training will learn to teach a multi-level yoga class with multiple intensity variations, a focus on the breath, traditional asana and stretching sequences, and encouragement of mental focus to help maintain yogic integrity. Yoga for strength classes may be structured to include yoga based flow sequences, body weight exercises, resistance training with hand-held weights, cardiovascular drills, and core focused training. This training will focus on a foundation of hatha yoga infused with basic principles of cardiorespiratory endurance and long holds for increased strength and muscle adaptation.
- In-depth break–down of 15 yoga poses
- Advanced study of muscular, skeletal and cardiorespiratory systems
- Review of the 8 limbs with a focus on doing no harm
- Anatomy and physiology of the core
- Enhancing motivation for practice adherence
- Class format and sequencing for strength based yoga class
- Cuing and leadership to create an inclusive environment
- Participation in two practice classes
- Practice teaching
*Part of NETA’s Yoga Alliance approved 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Program