NETA’s Group Exercise Instructor, Personal Trainer, and Wellness Coach certification exams are administered at hundreds of secure PSI Test Centers located throughout the United States.
Step One: Locate a PSI Test Center near you by clicking here.
- From the ‘Select Organization’ drop down list, select Certifications/Professional Associations.
- From the ‘Select Sponsor Name’ drop down list, select National Exercise Trainers Association (NETA).
- Select the Certification Exam (e.g., Group Exercise Instructor, Personal Trainer, or Wellness Coach).
- Click ‘Continue’
- Enter your zip code or city in the appropriate box, then click ‘Search’.
Step Two: Register for the certification exam.
- Click on the appropriate ‘add to cart’ box below to begin online registration, or call NETA’s office at 1-800-237-6242 to register over the phone.
- Once registered, you will receive a confirmation letter and Letter of Authorization for your exam.
- Within 24-48 hours, NETA will upload your information into PSI’s database, at which time you will receive an automated email from PSI including instructions for scheduling your exam.
Step Three: Schedule your exam at a PSI Test Center.
- Your exam must be scheduled within one year of the registration date.
- To schedule your exam, call PSI at 1-800-211-2754, schedule online by visiting https://candidate.psiexams.com/, or email PSI at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Important: If you chose to schedule your exam online, then you must first ‘Create an account’ on PSI’s website. The name you use to create your online account must exactly match your name as it appears in your Letter of Authorization. To learn more about online scheduling, please see the PSI Online Navigation Guide.
Step Four: Complete your exam.
- Arrive at the PSI Test Center at least 30 minutes before your scheduled exam time on the date of the exam.
- Bring a government issued photo ID and your Letter of Authorization from NETA.
- You will receive a score report immediately following your exam.
- Please refer to NETA’s Exam Candidate Handbook for important information, policies, and procedures regarding NETA’s NCCA-accredited Group Exercise Instructor and Personal Trainer certification exams.
Click on the links below to Register:
Group Exercise Instructor Certification Test
Personal Trainer Certification Test
Wellness Coach Certification Test
Note: Continuing education credits (CECs) are not granted for Test Only options. CECs are only awarded for attendance at live certification review workshops.