Attention (Updated December 23, 2019): The computer-based version of NETA’s Personal Trainer Certification Exam, administered via remote online proctoring services with ProctorU, will be open for scheduling from December 27, 2019 to May 31, 2020. For more information, please call 800-237-6242 ext. 4726.
Due to unforeseen circumstances, remote online proctoring is currently unavailable for NETA’s Group Exercise Instructor Certification Exam. The paper-pencil version of the exam is administered by an independent proctor at the conclusion of live review workshops. Please check NETA’s schedule to locate an upcoming Group Exercise Instructor review workshop near you. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience. Please check back periodically for updates as they become available. Please call 800-237-6242 ext. 4726 If you have any questions.
Completing your certification exam is as easy as 1-2-3.
NETA’s Group Exercise Instructor, Personal Trainer, and Wellness Coach certification exams are conveniently administered online using remote online proctoring services provided by ProctorU.
Register for the certification exam
- Visit the ProctorU Resource Center to view the system requirements* and to test your computer equipment to ensure compatibility for remote online proctoring.
- Next, click on the appropriate ‘add to cart’ box below to begin online registration, or call NETA’s office at 1.800.237.6242 to register over the phone.
- Once registered, you will receive a confirmation email including your receipt.
Schedule your exam with ProctorU
- Within 24-48 hours, NETA will upload your information to ProctorU, at which time you will receive an automated email from ProctorU including instructions to set up your ProctorU account and to schedule your exam.
- Your exam must be scheduled within one year of the registration date.
- Remember to study prior to your exam!! NETA highly recommends that candidates devote an appropriate amount of time (e.g., at least 30-45 days) and effort to self-directed study prior to attempting the certification examination.
Complete your exam
- Visit the ProctorU Resource Center to learn what to expect before and during your exam. Please view the short videos Live+ Student Walkthrough and 10 Steps for Test-Takers to Get Started with ProctorU.
- Please refer to NETA’s Exam Candidate Handbook for important information, policies, and procedures regarding NETA’s NCCA-accredited Group Exercise Instructor and Personal Trainer certification exams.
- Login to your ProctorU account at least 5 minutes before the scheduled start time.
- When it’s time to begin, your identify will be verified, the physical and virtual environments secured, and then you will compete your exam.
- You should expect the start-up process with the proctor to take about 10-15 minutes; however, this will not affect your exam time.
- You will receive your exam results via USPS mail within 30 days of your exam date.
*IMPORTANT, PLEASE READ: In order to use ProctorU, you will need a high-speed internet connection, a webcam (internal or external), a Windows or Apple (Mac) operating system, and a government-issued photo ID. NETA recommends that you visit https://test-it-out.proctoru.com/ prior registering for an exam to test your computer equipment. We recommend you click on the button that says “connect to a live person” to fully test your equipment. Please make sure that you are using the current version of your Internet browser (Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox) and have downloaded the ProctorU extension available at http://bit.ly/proctoruchrome or https://www.proctoru.com/firefox.
Click on the links below to Register:
Group Exercise Instructor Certification Test
Personal Trainer Certification Test
Wellness Coach Certification Test
Note: Continuing education credits (CECs) are not granted for Test Only options. CECs are only awarded for attendance at live certification review workshops.