Attention (Updated November 19, 2020): We are happy to announce that the National Commission for Certifying Agencies (NCCA) has determined that it is possible to meet the NCCA’s Standards for the Accreditation of Certification Programs when using live remote online proctoring. As such, NETA’s NCCA-accredited Group Exercise Instructor and Personal Trainer Certification Exams are now open for scheduling with ProctorU. If you have already registered for an exam, then within one business day of your registration an invitation email was delivered to you from firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Schedule Your NETA Certification Exam.” That email includes a unique URL to activate an account with ProctorU and to schedule your NETA certification exam. Please check your inbox (and junk/spam folder) for this important email. If you have questions, please contact NETA’s Director of Certification at 1-800-237-6242 Ext. 4726 or email@example.com.
Completing your certification exam is as easy as 1-2-3.
Register for the certification exam
- Visit the ProctorU Resource Center to view the system requirements* and to test your computer equipment to ensure compatibility for remote online proctoring.
- Next, click on the appropriate ‘add to cart’ box below to begin online registration, or call NETA’s office at 1.800.237.6242 to register over the phone.
- Once registered, you will receive a confirmation email including your receipt.
Schedule your exam with ProctorU
- Within 24-48 hours, NETA will upload your information to ProctorU, at which time you will receive an automated email from ProctorU including instructions to set up your ProctorU account and to schedule your exam.
- Your exam must be scheduled within one year of the registration date.
- Remember to study prior to your exam!! NETA highly recommends that candidates devote an appropriate amount of time (e.g., at least 30-45 days) and effort to self-directed study prior to attempting the certification examination.
Complete your exam
- Visit the ProctorU Resource Center to learn what to expect before and during your exam. Please view the short videos Live+ Student Walkthrough and 10 Steps for Test-Takers to Get Started with ProctorU.
- Please refer to NETA’s Exam Candidate Handbook for important information, policies, and procedures regarding NETA’s NCCA-accredited Group Exercise Instructor and Personal Trainer certification exams.
- Login to your ProctorU account at least 5 minutes before the scheduled start time.
- When it’s time to begin, your identify will be verified, the physical and virtual environments secured, and then you will compete your exam.
- You should expect the start-up process with the proctor to take about 10-15 minutes; however, this will not affect your exam time.
- You will receive your exam results via USPS mail within 30 days of your exam date.
*IMPORTANT, PLEASE READ: In order to use ProctorU, you will need a high-speed internet connection, a webcam (internal or external), a Windows or Apple (Mac) operating system, and a government-issued photo ID. NETA recommends that you visit https://test-it-out.proctoru.com/ prior registering for an exam to test your computer equipment. We recommend you click on the button that says “connect to a live person” to fully test your equipment. Please make sure that you are using the current version of your Internet browser (Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox) and have downloaded the ProctorU extension available at http://bit.ly/proctoruchrome or https://www.proctoru.com/firefox.
Click on the links below to Register:
Group Exercise Instructor Certification Test
Personal Trainer Certification Test
Wellness Coach Certification Test
Note: Continuing education credits (CECs) are not granted for Test Only options. CECs are only awarded for attendance at live certification review workshops.