If you want to earn your Personal Trainer Certification, you’re in the right place.
Certification through a nationally accredited and recognized agency is an important step in establishing credibility and earning respect as a qualified exercise professional, and our NCCA-accredited Personal Trainer Certification is among the best in the industry.
- Our interactive training study program takes you step-by-step through everything you need to become an effective instructor. You will gain the knowledge to create amazing classes for your clients.
- Our curriculum is continuously updated to keep you on the cutting edge of the industry, promote safe and effective teaching strategies, and help you develop the critical skills required to become an effective group exercise instructor.
- Obtaining a NETA Personal Trainer Instructor certification demonstrates to potential employers your commitment to the profession and is valid for two years from the date of issue.
Choose From 2 Options
Option 1: Self Study + Live Workshop
More than just self-study! NETA provides a live exam preparation workshop presented by an experienced NETA educator. Live virtual and onsite options available.
How This Works:
- Prepare on your own using NETA’s recommended study materials* (sold separately).
- Devote an appropriate amount of time (e.g., at least 30-45 days) and effort to self-directed study prior to attending the workshop or attempting the examination.
- Attend NETA’s 2-Day live (onsite or virtual) Personal Trainer Certification Review Workshop & take the written certification exam onsite.
The review workshop provides an excellent opportunity to put the final touches on your exam preparations and to interact with one of NETA’s well-qualified national presenters.
Fees include workshop and proctored certification exam. Study materials sold separately.
**Early Bird Discount if you register at least 30 days prior to workshop.
*End time may vary depending on class size.
- NETA’s The Fitness Professional’s Manual, 5th Edition
- NETA’s The Fitness Professional’s Workbook For Personal Trainers
- Personal Trainer Certification Online Review Modules
Option 2: Self Study
Preparing for NETA’s distinguished NCCA accredited certification is now more convenient and stress-free with the Premier Plus Personal Trainer Instructor Study Package.
How This Works:
- Learn at your own pace utilizing NETA’s user friendly online prep modules. (Included)
- Schedule your exam with ProctorU.
- Take the proctored online exam in the comfort of your own home
The Premier Plus Package is the all-inclusive combination of recommended study materials to prepare for NETA’s NCCA-accredited Personal Trainer Certification exam.
- Personal Trainer Certification Exam*
- Personal Trainer Online Review Modules
- The Fitness Professional’s Manual, 5th ed.
- The Fitness Professional’s Workbook for Personal Trainers & Practice Exam
- Education Department Support
- Voucher for $10.00 Your First NETA CEC Course
Upgrade the Premier Plus package to include the Live Online Virtual Workshop for only $50 more.
Virtual workshop registration includes the Premier Plus Study Package (The Fitness Professional’s Manual, Workbook, Practice Exam, and Online Review Modules) and the computer-based Personal Trainer Certification Exam administered via live remote online proctoring with ProctorU.
Need help deciding which option is best for you? Give us a call us to register at 1.800.237.6242.
Download a Free Practice Exam
Wondering what types of questions are on the Certified Personal Training Exam? Wishing you knew how to best prepare and study? You are in luck! We are giving you a free practice exam to help you prepare. Simply fill out the short form below to access it, and receive a copy in your inbox.
Need Help Studying?
If you need help through the study process, NETA’s knowledgeable staff are always available to help by phone or email. You can also read our “5 Simple Steps to Becoming a Certified Personal Trainer” or sign-up to receive tips on preparing for the exam.Tips to Prepare for the Exam
Compare NETA to Other NCCA Accredited Programs
Still not sure if our Personal Training Certification options are right for you? With a number of options, we understand it can be difficult to determine which program is right for you.
Take a look at our comparison of NCCA Accredited Personal Training Certification programs to view some common factors taken into consideration when making this decision.View NETA Comparison
Frequently Asked Questions
- Exercise Science (Anatomy, Exercise Physiology, Kinesiology, Biomechanics)
- Health & Fitness Assessments
- Exercise Programming for Healthy Adults
- Principles of Nutrition & Weight Management
- Dynamics of Communication & Behavioral Change
Yes there is. NETA does not require candidates to attend a review workshop or to purchase NETA study materials to be eligible to sit for the Personal Trainer Certification Exam.
Please visit the Test Only Options page of NETA’s website to learn more about registration for the Personal Trainer Certification Exam.
View our additional resources below.
- Personal Trainer Study Guide & Schedule — 5th Edition (PDF)
- Exam Candidate Handbook (PDF)
- Recertification Handbook (PDF)
- 2017 Exam Annual Statistics Report (PDF)
- 2018 Exam Annual Statistics Report (PDF)
- 2019 Exam Annual Statistics Report (PDF)
- 2020 Exam Annual Statistics Report (PDF)
- 2021 Exam Annual Statistics Report (PDF)
Yes, NETA’s Personal Trainer Certification has earned NCCA accreditation.
*NETA’s Personal Trainer Certification exam is administered online using remote online proctoring services provided by ProctorU.