CEC Petition Application
- Please submit the CE Petition Application at least 30 days prior to the designated renewal date for your NETA certification. DO NOT SUBMIT A PETITION APPLICATION WITH A RENEWAL APPLICATION. DO NOT SUBMIT A RENEWAL APPLICATION UNTIL APPROVAL OF THE PETITION APPLICATION IS RECEIVED.
- Eligible courses must be completed within current two-year certification period (i.e., after certification date of issue and before designated expiration date).
- Course learning objectives and subject matter must be relevant to the NETA certification held, as reflected by the practice analysis/role delineation for a specific certification.*
- NETA automatically accepts CECs/CEUs pre-approved by ACE, AFAA, and/or NASM. Courses pre-approved for CECs/CEUs by one or more of these organizations do not require a Petition Application.
- CPR, AED, and First Aid courses are not eligible for NETA continuing education credits (CECs).
- Incomplete applications will not be processed and will be returned to the applicant.
- The $25 application fee (per course) is non-refundable and does not guarantee that NETA CECs will be awarded.
* NETA continuing education credits (CECs) will only be awarded for continuing education activities that cover subject matter within the scope of practice for an exercise professional (e.g., group exercise instructor, personal trainer) and are relevant to the practice analysis/role delineation for NETA’s Group Exercise Instructor or Personal Trainer certification exam. Examples of topics that will not be awarded NETA CECs include, but are not limited to: kinesio taping, diagnosing, massage therapy, counseling, hypnosis, chiropractic or physical therapy techniques (e.g., ultrasound, manual tissue/joint manipulation, acupuncture), and medically oriented dietary interventions.