Are you looking for a way to specialize your fitness career?
If so, consider getting a senior fitness instructor certification. This specialty certification will help you develop the skills and knowledge you need to train and teach older adults safely and effectively. NETA’s senior fitness specialty certification is the first step for those fully invested in, or casually considering, bettering the lives of the older generation through physical activity.
Here are five reasons why you should consider getting a senior fitness specialty certification:
- There is a growing demand for senior fitness professionals.
- In 2020, adults age 60 or older surpassed one billion for the first time ever; it’s estimated that by 2045, one in five people will be of this age demographic. Active aging is transforming the fitness industry, demolishing stereotypes and embracing both the benefits of physical activity for older adults AND the many things they are capable of.
- Senior fitness is a challenging and rewarding specialization.
- Understanding the specific needs, challenges, and abilities of an aging population requires the fitness professional be well-versed in how aging affects an individual, physically and cognitively. Remaining physically active has been shown to ward off many of the natural effects of aging, allowing individuals to remain independent and capable of both completing activities of daily living and participating in activities they enjoy longer in life. Fitness professionals play an integral role in the longevity of older adults, enhancing both the quantity and quality of their years.
- You’ll learn how to work with an aging population.
- NETA’s senior fitness specialty certification provides in-depth, practical training on chronic conditions that older adults face and how they affect physical and cognitive function; fall-prevention strategies and exercises; functional fitness testing and interpreting assessment; and communication barriers and strategies – all essential for working with an aging population.
- NETA’s Senior fitness specialty certification is recognized by many organizations.
- As a leader in the fitness industry, NETA’s senior fitness specialty certification provides quality training that will be recognized by organizations and facilities across the country. “Great material for an instructor or personal trainer who works with people ages 60 and up” (online module participant).
- It’s a great way to continue your education!
- Diversifying your areas of expertise is an excellent way to not only expand your opportunities for clientele, but also further yourself as a professional. NETA’s live or online module offerings both provide continuing education credits that can be used to renew your personal training or group exercise instructor primary certifications.
In addition to all the information covered, exercise selection and class choreography concepts are provided with practical examples and master classes. This enables the fitness professional to deliver not only effective programming, but programming that will engage participants and provide an enjoyable experience. Walk away from this training equipped to better the lives of the aging population in your area.
If you’re interested in senior fitness, then NETA’s senior fitness specialty certification is a great way to specialize your career. You’ll be able to work with an aging population and help them maintain their health and vitality. Contact us today to learn more.
Ready to take the next step?
Register now for one of the available senior fitness instructor certification workshops.Register Now
Leave a Reply